Webinar about new USDA school nutrition standards
July 23, 2013
The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently finalized national school nutrition standards for vending, a la carte, school stores, and other foods sold outside the school meal programs. The National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, July 24, 2013, from 2-3 p.m. EDT, to learn more about the new “Smart Snacks in School” interim final rule, discuss next steps towards implementation, and hear from a school district that is already providing healthy choices for students.
- Nancy Lyons, Program Analyst, USDA Food and Nutrition Service
- Jessica Donze Black, RD, MPH; Director, Kids’ Safe and Healthful Foods Project, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Jill Turley, MS, RD/LD, SNS; National Nutrition Advisor, Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Jennifer Rex, Food Service Director, Plain Local School District (Ohio)
- Margo G. Wootan, DSc; Director, Nutrition Policy, Center for Science in the Public Interest (Moderator)