Visit NCCOR Virtually at APHA and ObesityWeek® Interactive
October 22, 2021
NCCOR is excited to attend the American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting and ObesityWeek® Interactive. Join us at our APHA virtual conference booth (#124) or hear the latest in childhood obesity research during conference sessions featuring NCCOR members.
NCCOR Virtual Booth at APHA
The APHA Annual Meeting and Expo will take place October 24-27, with a theme of “Creating the Healthiest Nation: Strengthening Social Connectedness.” NCCOR staff will be available at our virtual exhibit booth (#124) on the following dates:
- Sunday, October 24, 12:30 to 6:00 p.m. MST
- Monday, October 25, 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, October 26, 10:00 am to 2:30 p.m. MST
This year’s booth will highlight NCCOR’s newest resource, A Toolkit for Addressing Childhood Healthy Weight Programs. Attendees can also sign up for our newsletters with information on webinars, childhood obesity research, and more. Join us virtually to download resources or ask questions about our tools and resources via the message function.
In addition to the NCCOR booth, several NCCOR members will present their childhood obesity research during the conference. See the full list of sessions below.
NCCOR Presentation at ObesityWeek® Interactive
NCCOR will present during ObesityWeek® Interactive on Wednesday, November 3 from 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. EST. The session, titled From Womb to Tomb – A Life-Course Approach to Obesity Prevention and Management, will give an overview of evidence to support the implementation of obesity prevention and treatment efforts from early childhood to adolescence and emerging adulthood. NCCOR member Deborah Young-Hyman, PhD will speak about NCCOR’s Childhood Obesity Evidence Base project. The session will take place on channel 2.
NCCOR Member Presentations at APHA
Plan your APHA schedule with NCCOR! Several sessions will feature NCCOR members and will highlight the importance of childhood obesity research.
Thursday, October 21
- Poster Session 1017.0 – Adolescent and Youth Mental Health through the Lifespan
- Poster Session 1069.0 – Best Practices in Aging and Public Health
- Poster Session 1082.0 – Quality Counts: Understanding Dietary Patterns and Quality to Influence Population Health
Friday, October 22
- Poster Session 2075.0 – Latest in Breastfeeding Research: Poster Session 3
- Poster Session 2102.0 – Epidemiology: Poster Session – Late Breaker III – Nutrition, Reproductive Health, Non-Communicable Conditions
Monday, October 25, 2021
- Session 3032.0: USDA efforts to promote food and nutrition security
Tuesday, October 26
- Session 4024.0: Healthy Eating Research Nutrition Guidelines for the Charitable Food System: Development and Implementation
- Session 4180.0: Physical education for all: Examining the extent to which state laws address adapted physical education for public school students
Wednesday, October 27
- Session 5001.0: Improving the health and well-being of older adults through policy, planning, and practice
- Session 5022.0: Prevalence of municipal-level policies and supports dedicated to transportation that consider food access
NCCOR is excited for the opportunity to share our resources with you virtually, and we look forward to meeting you in person in the future!
The National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR) brings together four of the nation’s leading research funders—the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)—to address the problem of childhood obesity in America.