NCCOR celebrates its five-year anniversary, debuts Connect & Explore webinar series
January 8, 2014
After decades of increases, there are finally signs that childhood obesity rates are declining across the United States. For the past five years, the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR) has been at the center of research and evaluation work to turn the tide against the epidemic.
In celebration of its five-year anniversary in February, NCCOR is launching Connect & Explore, an external webinar series for researchers, practitioners, and others interested in conducting or applying childhood obesity research.
Join us at 2 pm, Eastern, on Thurs., Feb. 13, for Connect & Explore: Five Years of Accelerating Progress Through Childhood Obesity Research, the first of three webinars planned this year. The other two webinars in our 2014 series will take place on June 12 and Oct. 9.
In just under an hour, we will learn about the priorities of national funders, explore opportunities to get your work funded, and get you “caught up” on what counts.
- Learn about NCCOR’s accomplishments over the past five years and its vision for the future.
- Get introduced to new funding opportunities from those who helped shape and support the funding announcement.
- Explore research tools that can help you with your work.
- Learn about significant research and the latest publications.
- Hear from leading experts in real time.
- Understand how to engage with NCCOR through our e-newsletter and social media.
The Collaborative will solicit feedback after each webinar in order to shape future webinars and maximize attendees’ time. All webinars will be recorded and archived on www.nccor.org.
This event is free but attendance is limited, so tell a friend and register today! Please also consider sharing this information on your social networks using the hashtag #ConnectandExplore. We will also be live tweeting the event so be sure to follow the conversation at @NCCOR.