On October 19, 2021, NCCOR hosted a webinar to introduce a new tool titled, NCCOR hosted a webinar to introduce A Toolkit for Evaluating Childhood Healthy Weight Programs.
Program evaluation is a fundamental component of any intervention to improve health, especially for childhood healthy weight programs (CHWPs). To make it easier to assess the impact of programs and therefore improve program effectiveness and sustainability, NCCOR developed the toolkit to help researchers and practitioners conduct program evaluations.
The toolkit offers an overview of program evaluation and provides guidance on evaluation readiness, process measures, outcome measures, contextual factors, program sustainability, and remote evaluation of CHWPs. In addition, the toolkit features a resource library, with links to guides, databases, research articles, and other toolkits that will support your evaluation plan.
The webinar explored the toolkit in more depth and featured the following subject-matter experts and CHWP leaders who collaborated to develop the tool:
- Brook Belay, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ihuoma Eneli, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Nancy Sherwood, University of Minnesota
- Sandra Hassink, AAP Institute for Healthy Childhood Weight
- Matthew Levy, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Wisconsin